Archive for April, 2011
* “Songs for Japan”: Various Artists
* “21”: Adele
* “American Tragedy”: Hollywood Undead
* “Femme Fatale”: Britney Spears
* “Sigh No More”: Mumford & Sons
* “E.T. [feat. Kanye West]”: Katy Perry
* “Just Can’t Get Enough”: Black Eyed Peas
* “S&M”: Rihanna
* “Till the World Ends”: Britney Spears
* “Honey Bee”: Blake Shelton
The above is the list of iTunes’ top 5 selling albums and singles for the most-recent weekly data period.
Qwiki was made for the iPad because it’s like a visual Wikipedia in many ways. Even when the startup won TechCrunch Disrupt last Sep, it was already working on an iPad version of its multimedia search/information consumption service. It’s so much better on the iPad, where the narrated animations come to life and become swipeable. But the maps is the best part of the new application. We can see any entries pinned on a map for any location, or find places near you that have Qwikis.
You can share the Qwiki via email, Twitter, or Facebook. It also suggests related Qwikis, and links to more information and images on Wikipedia, Google, Fotopedia, and YouTube. Not too hard to imagine how Qwiki can move well beyond the Wikipedia-based entries which dominat eteh service today, Qwiki expands the data sources it pulls from to create its automated info-animations.