There are many iPhone ringtones in www.iTunes.com, which may be unknown to many people; if you use iTunes for free, you can define iPhone ringtone. iPhone users can purchase ringtones in application store; although there is a great variety, many users still want to define their personalized ringtone. Let’s have a good look at how to use iTunes to create iPhone ringtones for free.
Note: If you want a whole song as iPhone ringtone, this tutorial may not be suitable for you.
How to create iPhone ringtones with iTunes?
1. First, run iTunes to audition the desired song as ring tones, and intercept 25-40 seconds of the most wanted piece. Notice the start and end time of the song.
2. Then, right-click to select the song and choose “obtain information”.
3. Click on “Options” tab and enter the start and end time. As is shown in the following figure, the start time is 0:35 and the end time is 1:03. Select “OK”.
4. Right-click the song again and select “create ACC version” this time. The file with the same name which has just been clipped will appear in iTunes library.
5. Right-click the song clip and select “Show in Finder”. The new popped up window includes the clip files.
6. Return to iTunes and right-click the selected file. In the menu bar, select “remove”, and select “save File” in t
he pop-up window.
7. Return to Finder window, and make the clip file be with format of .m4r. For example, the chosen ringtone called “01 Declaration 1.m4a” is changed into “01 Declaration 1.m4r”.
8. Double-click on the M4R file and it can be added into the ringtone column. When you connect iPhone and iTunes again, the clip file will be synchronized to the iPhone and you can find this file through iPhone settings – sounds – ringtones.
9. Although the basic operation comes to the end, do not forget the original file in the music library. Double-click to choose “obtain information”, and enter the options tab to remove the start and end time; click “OK” to exit.
This is the whole process to create a personalized iPhone ringtone for free. Although it is more complex than buying some, the created iTunes ringtones can display more individuality, and the iPhone users can have a try.